Who We Are
The JCCGW is a neighborhood – a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to shmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.
Discover Your Center
- Visit the Weinberg Health & Fitness Center, complete with state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and basketball, racquetball, softball and soccer facilities.
- The fully-accredited JCCGW Early Childhood Education
Program offers a quality education infused with Jewish values and tradition. It is a place where children and families learn and grow together.
- Camp JCC programs build strong Jewish identities, foster lasting friendships and create memories that last a lifetime. Camp JCC is well known for its nationally-recognized inclusion program for children with special needs.
- The Gildenhorn/Speisman Center for the Arts features cultural, visual, performing and literary arts programs and events throughout the year, including the popular JCCGW Book Festival and Jewish Film Festival.
- Stimulate your mind, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and stay active in your community with a variety of programs designed for adults, boomers and seniors.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington was created in 1913 and incorporated in 1923. Our mission — promoting Jewish continuity and identity, and creating community in an atmosphere of warmth and meaning — is at the heart of all programs.
JCCGW membership is open to everyone, regardless of race, religion, age or ability. Our diverse activities and services offer a natural gateway to Jewish life. The JCC of Greater Washington is an active member of the JCC Association, a network of more than 200 JCCs across North America. The JCC of Greater Washington has received numerous awards for innovative programming, and is nationally recognized as a role model for its inclusion programming for children and adults with special needs, including the award-winning Camp JCC.
The JCCGW is one of largest local beneficiary agencies of The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington.
The JCCGW is a non-sectarian 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (TIN 53-0205921) providing programs and services for all in our community. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
to download the 2012-2013 Annual Report.
Public Disclosure Copy
to view the JCCGW's Form 990 Public Disclosure Copy. The JCCGW's Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 53-0205921.
JCCGW Financial Statements
Click here to download a copy of the current financial statement of Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available, for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis MD 21401, (410) 974-5534.